lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephane James Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject Re: suitability of lucene for project
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:15:48 GMT
It could be part of you solution, but I don't think so. Let me explain:

I've done this a few times something similar to what you describe. I use
often use HttpUnit to get information. How you process it, it's up
to you. If you want it to be indexed (searchable), you can use Lucene. If
you want to extract structured (or semi-structured) information, use
wrapper induction techniques (not Lucene).

cheers,
sv