lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephane James Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject Re: Combining text search + relational search
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:38:54 GMT
I'm a bit confused why you want this.

As far as I know, but relational db searches will return exact
matches without a mesure of relevancy. To mesure relevancy, you need a
search engine. For your results to be coherent, you would have to put
everything in the lucene index.

As for memory consumption, for searching, if the index is on disk, then
the memory footprint depends on the type of queries you use. For indexing,
it depends if you use tmp RAMDirectory to do merges, otherwise, memory
consumption is minimal.

HTH
sv