lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephane James Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject RE: date range suggestion anyone?
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:31:17 GMT
Ranges are sorted like text, alphabetically.

You should change the format of your dates to: yyyy/mm/dd

If you don't, the range search won't work:

Here is an example (I'm not sure if I understand your algorithm, so
ignore mistakes there):

+((dateAvailable:[0 TO S_END_DATE]) AND
(dateExpired:[S_START_DATE TO 9])) <other terms>

or with the following parameters:

> dateAvailable=20040101
> searchStartDate=20040201
> searchEndDate=20040301