lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Weir, Michael" <>
Subject verifying index integrity
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:42:41 GMT
When the server we're developing comes up, its Lucene indexes are sometimes
locked, especially during development, when it crashes fairly frequently.  I
assume that it is possible to corrupt an index by crashing at just the right

I notice that there's a method IndexReader.unlock().  Does this method
ensure that the index has not been corrupted?  If not, is there a way of
asking Lucene either to fix up an index or tell you that the index should be

Thanks for any help.

Michael Weir · Transform Research Inc. · 613.238.1363 x.114

	Cognos Forum, June 27-30, 2004: Power Your Performance. Join us in
Orlando for our global customer conference. Engage with your peers. Hear
from top analysts. Learn from the Cognos Business Intelligence and
Enterprise Planning gurus. And turn your potential into higher performance.
Register today at

	This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient,
you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any