lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ANara...@e-gatematrix.com
Subject RE: 'Lock obtain timed out' even though NO locks exist...
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:03:10 GMT
It is possible that a previous operation on the index left the lock open.
Leaving the IndexWriter or Reader open without closing them ( in a finally
block ) could cause this.

Anand

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin A. Burton [mailto:burton@newsmonster.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 2:57 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: 'Lock obtain timed out' even though NO locks exist...

I've noticed this really strange problem on one of our boxes.  It's
happened twice already.

We have indexes where when Lucnes starts it says 'Lock obtain timed out'
... however NO locks exist for the directory.

There are no other processes present and no locks in the index dir or /tmp.

Is there anyway to figure out what's going on here?

Looking at the index it seems just fine... But this is only a brief
glance.  I was hoping that if it was corrupt (which I don't think it is)
that lucene would give me a better error than "Lock obtain timed out"

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc