lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Abe Grief <agr...@looksmart.net>
Subject RE: date range suggestion anyone?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:01:30 GMT

Sorry, I meant to say:

This query assumes that _NO_ Documents expire before they become available,
which seems like a reasonable assumption.

- Abe

-----Original Message-----
From: Abe Grief
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 2:42 PM
To: 'Lucene Users List'
Subject: RE: date range suggestion anyone?

I'm a newbie to Lucene, so someone please correct me if I say something
wrong or if there's an easier way.

Your search is looking exclusively for Documents that either become
available or expire in the given period.  What about something like
(untested):

+((dateAvailable:[01/01/0001 TO 03/01/2004]) AND
(dateExpired:[02/01/2004 TO 12/31/9999]))

This query assumes that Documents expire before they become available, which