lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Zero hits for queries ending with a number
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:17:30 GMT
On Apr 3, 2004, at 10:34 AM, wrote:
> I forgot that I did lower-case it. I fact I even output it in it's
> original
> state but lower-case it just before I pass it to lucene. That
> lower-casing is
> what I would call a hack and hence it's no surprise that I forgot it
> :-)

But why even lowercase?  That is what an analyzer typically does anyway
(look at the output from AnalysisDemo to see).

Note that there are switches on QueryParser (and MultiFieldQueryParser
is lacking in this respect, another reason not to use it) that does
lowercase wildcard terms automatically:
setLowercaseWildcardTerms(true).  Wildcard terms are not analyzed by
QueryParser, so this was added to account for it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message