lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Elliott <jason.elli...@peregrine.com>
Subject languages supported by lucene 1.2.1 in eclipse help system
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:13:09 GMT
We have a plugin in our eclipse project named org.apache.lucene_1.2.1.
It works quite well in that help system.

I've been notified that this particular version of the lucene search
analyzer searches well in German and English (GE), but not so well in the
rest of the languages on this planet.

I have several questions
1.	If it does not search very "well" in French, Italian and Japanese
(FIJ), what does that really mean to a user conducting searches?
a.	If this is a myth and the searches work the same in EFIG-J, please
let me know that.
b.	If this is not a myth and there are plugins that enable the search
to work well in FIJ?

Thanks
jason