lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Associating Page Numbers in large documents
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 02:23:10 GMT
The "Document" is the granularity of search results, so if you want
results by page, then a page should correspond to a Document instance.
I'm not sure you'd need the parent concept except as a field to
represent the actual document the page comes from if you are indexing
several multi-page documents.  Unfortunately "document" is far too
overloaded in the previous sentences.  I think you are onto the right
approach though.

	Erik