lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: 'Lock obtain timed out' even though NO locks exist...
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:13:11 GMT
Gus Kormeier wrote:

>Not sure if our installation is the same or not, but we are also using
>Tomcat.
>I had a similiar problem last week, it occurred after Tomcat went through a
>hard restart and some software errors had the website hammered.
>
>I found the lock file in /usr/local/tomcat/temp/ using locate.
>According to the README.txt this is a directory created for the JVM within
>Tomcat.  So it is a system temp directory, just inside Tomcat.

Man... you ROCK!  I didn't even THINK of that... Hm... I wonder if we
should include the name of the lock file in the Exception within
Tomcat.  That would probably have saved me a lot of time :)

Either that or we can put this in the wiki

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc