lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: 'Lock obtain timed out' even though NO locks exist...
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:58:10 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> Actually this is exactly the problem... I ran some single index tests 
> and a single process seems to read from it.
>
> The problem is that we were running under Tomcat with diff webapps for 
> testing and didn't run into this problem before.  We had an 11G index 
> that just took a while to open and during this open Lucene was 
> creating a lock.
> I wasn't sure that Tomcat was multithreading this so maybe it is and 
> it's just taking longer to open the lock in some situations.
>
This is strange... after removing all the webapps (besides 1) Tomcat 
still refuses to allow Lucene to open this index with Lock obtain timed out.

If I open it up from the console it works just fine.  I'm only doing it 
with one index and a ulimit -n so it's not a files issue.  Memory is 1G 
for Tomcat.

If I figure this out will be sure to send a message to the list.  This 
is a strange one....

Kevin


-- 

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc    
    
    NewsMonster - http://www.newsmonster.org/
    
Kevin A. Burton, Location - San Francisco, CA, Cell - 415.595.9965
       AIM/YIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://peerfear.org/
GPG fingerprint: 5FB2 F3E2 760E 70A8 6174 D393 E84D 8D04 99F1 4412
  IRC - freenode.net #infoanarchy | #p2p-hackers | #newsmonster


Mime
View raw message