lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: 'Lock obtain timed out' even though NO locks exist...
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:42:58 GMT
ANarayan@e-gatematrix.com wrote:

>It is possible that a previous operation on the index left the lock open.
>Leaving the IndexWriter or Reader open without closing them ( in a finally
>block ) could cause this.

Actually this is exactly the problem... I ran some single index tests
and a single process seems to read from it.

The problem is that we were running under Tomcat with diff webapps for
testing and didn't run into this problem before.  We had an 11G index
that just took a while to open and during this open Lucene was creating
a lock.

I wasn't sure that Tomcat was multithreading this so maybe it is and
it's just taking longer to open the lock in some situations.

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc