lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brisbart Franck <Franck.Brisb...@kelkoo.net>
Subject Re: Closing IndexWriter object after each file causes NullPointerException?
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:45:17 GMT
If you close an IndexWriter more than once, the release of the writeLock
  creates a NullPointerException.
You should clean your code and close your writer only once. Anyway, I
don't know why there's no test on the 'writeLock' as in the 'finalize'
method.
I think it's a little error, so I suggest the attached patch to fix that.

Franck Brisbart