lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Frank Morton <fmor...@base2inc.com>
Subject date range suggestion anyone?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 03:42:10 GMT
Newbie here. Or, at least it has been a couple of years....

I have a date ranges working, which seem to work well. But I have
a question about how to form a query.

I have a publication with a dateAvailable and a dateExpired. It is
viewable any time between these dates.

I want to supply a date range, looking for publications available in
the specified range. I thought I could do:

+((dateAvailable:[02/01/2004 TO 03/01/2004]) OR
(dateExpired:[02/01/2004 TO 03/01/2004]))

But this does not work with this combination of dates:

dateAvailable=1/1/2004
searchStartDate=2/1/2004
searchEndDate=3/1/2004
dateExpired=6/1/2004

Neither the dateAvailable nor dateExpired are included within the user
specified test
range, even though the publication is available during the entire
specified range,
plus more.

Anyone figured out a way to do this without enumerating all the dates?
Or, do I
just need more sleep.

Thanks for any help.

Frank