lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kuketayev, Argyn" <argyn_kuketa...@fanniemae.com>
Subject RE: Using Runtime.exec to extract text [Was: Bridge with OO]
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:10:09 GMT
Runtime.exec() works fine for me. The issue is with these tools, they
hang up on certain files. You can launch them in command line and they
don't crash but freeze. Most files are processed well. So, the only way
to deal with this is to destroy the process if it takes "too long" or
identify somehow that it's "frozen".