lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Tang <samuel202...@yahoo.com.hk>
Subject Re: Fwd: [Lucene] XML Indexing
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:29:00 GMT
I've fixed the problem by myself. Thank you.

Samuel Tang <samuel202004@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:Any comments and suggestions. Please help!

Note: forwarded message attached.

必殺技、飲歌、小星星...
浪漫鈴聲 情心連繫
http://ringtone.yahoo.com.hk/

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
日期: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:39:30 +0800 (CST)
寄件人: Samuel Tang
標題: [Lucene] XML Indexing
收件人:: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org

XMLIndexingDemo seems not able to index traditional Chinese characters. I can only search
for English text and not Chinese. In fact, my XML document contains both Chinese and English
text. How can I fix this problem? Is it necessary for me to convert the Chinese characters
in BIG5 to UTF-8 before doing the file indexing? If it is, then how can we do it? This problem
won't happen on indexing bilingual HTML files (Chinese & English) with Lucene Demo HTML
parser.

必殺技、飲歌、小星星...
浪漫鈴聲 情心連繫
http://ringtone.yahoo.com.hk/