lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Samuel Tang <samuel202...@yahoo.com.hk>
Subject [Lucene] XML Indexing
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:39:30 GMT
XMLIndexingDemo seems not able to index traditional Chinese characters. I can only search for
English text and not Chinese. In fact, my XML document contains both Chinese and English text.
How can I fix this problem? Is it necessary for me to convert the Chinese characters in BIG5
to UTF-8 before doing the file indexing? If it is, then how can we do it? This problem won't
happen on indexing bilingual HTML files (Chinese & English) with Lucene Demo HTML parser.

必殺技、飲歌、小星星...
浪漫鈴聲  情心連繫
http://ringtone.yahoo.com.hk/