lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gabriela D <der...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Index directory name
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:04:38 GMT
I assume you are using Wintel platform. You may map the the directory where your indexes are
kept using persistent connection. (this can be done using "NET USE....." command in command
prompt). This keeps network connection always open, which otherwise Windows will close the
connection after sometime(but still manully accessible). You can notice this in explorer window
where you will find a red cross mark against the mapped network drive.
Harsha.

"Narayan, Anand" <ANarayan@e-gatematrix.com> wrote:
I am having a problem with using a network path for the index directory.
If I use a path of the form //server/indexdir the IndexWriter finds it
and
indexes documents but the IndexSearcher throws an exception saying it is
not a valid path.
I cannot use a local path as I need to be able to support a common index
directory
for a clustered environment.
What is the best solution in this case?

Thanks