lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul <p...@waite.net.nz>
Subject Re: Optimize crash
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:26:49 GMT
Dear all,

I hate to be insistent, but I have a large live website with a growing,
un-optimizable Lucene index and which therefore has it's appointment
with destiny pencilled into The Diary of Doom on a date roughly
three weeks hence.

So if I'm doing something stupid, or there's a workaround, or someone
is already looking into this problem, *please* let me know. My alternative
is to spend two days re-indexing the archive, and then to just wait for the
inevitable repeat of this problem, like Groundhog Day, which isn't a
particularly attractive option.

(NB: The original message is under the same subject line in the archive.)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Paul.