lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From luc...@nitwit.de
Subject Re: ValueListHandler pattern with Lucene
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:06:39 GMT
On Friday 09 April 2004 21:30, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Do you really need *all* documents from Hits?  If not, then you should

Only the user knows ;-) Well, no, I very likely only need one or a few but
nevertheless I have to pull all hit results to the presentation tier...

That's just the problem. Using a VLH I have to fetch all hits from the Hits
instance and put them into the VLH - ordinarily you would lazily only fetch
the hits you actually need them - at the time you need them.

That's just my question :-)

So, to repeat, my idea was to use a wrapper for the VOs in order to fetch only
some hits at a time...

It's actually a VLH pattern drawback. Maybe I should ask the blueprint
people ;-)

Timo