lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw...@yahoo.co.uk
Subject Highlighter package v2 RC1
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 22:09:32 GMT
I've reworked the highlighter package to address some issues (inability to pass fieldnames
to analyzers,
limiting tokenization of large docs) and have refactored it to be more modular so that folks
can provide alternative implementations of the main functions (tokenizing, fragmenting and
scoring) if required.

This is not backwards compatible with earlier releases but this new version should hopefully

provide a much more robust framework going forward.
If people feel comfortable with this version I am happy to put this in the sandbox
Any feedback is appreciated.

Code here:
http://www.inperspective.com/lucene/highlighter2/highlighter2.zip

Javadocs here:
http://www.inperspective.com/lucene/highlighter2/index.html

Quick code example:

  IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(ramDir);
  Query query = QueryParser.parse("Kenne*", FIELD_NAME, analyzer);
  query=query.rewrite(reader); //required to expand search terms
  Hits hits = searcher.search(query);

  Highlighter highlighter =new Highlighter(new QueryScorer(query));
  for (int i = 0; i < hits.length(); i++)
  {
    String text = hits.doc(i).get(FIELD_NAME);
    TokenStream tokenStream=analyzer.tokenStream(FIELD_NAME,new StringReader(text));
    // Get 3 best fragments and seperate with a "..."
    String result = highlighter.getBestFragments(tokenStream,text,3,"...");
    System.out.println(result);
  }

Cheers
Mark