lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ankur Goel" <ank...@brickred.com>
Subject Boolean Phrase Query question
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:13:58 GMT

Hi,
I have to provide a functionality which provides search on both file name
and contents of the file.

For indexing I use the following code:

org.apache.lucene.document.Document doc = new org.apache.
lucene.document.Document();
doc.add(Field.Keyword("fileId","" + document.getFileId()));
doc.add(Field.Text("fileName",fileName);
doc.add(Field.Text("contents", new FileReader(new File(fileName)));

For searching a text say  "temp" I use the following code to look both in
file Name and contents of the file:

BooleanQuery finalQuery = new BooleanQuery();
Query titleQuery = QueryParser.parse("temp","fileName",analyzer);
Query mainQuery = QueryParser.parse("temp","contents",analyzer);

finalQuery.add(titleQuery, true, false);
finalQuery.add(mainQuery, true, false);

Hits hits = is.search(finalQuery);

But I am not getting any result. I think the problem is due to searching on
two fields.
Can you please tell me how to go about it.

Regards,
Ankur