lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From luc...@nitwit.de
Subject Re: Zero hits for queries ending with a number
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 11:06:22 GMT
On Saturday 03 April 2004 11:48, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Provide us the results of running your url through that, using the same

SnowballAnalyzer("German2"):

Analzying "http://www.yahoo.com/foo/bar.html"
	org.apache.lucene.analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer:
		[http://www.yahoo.com/foo/bar.html]

	org.apache.lucene.analysis.SimpleAnalyzer:
		[http] [www] [yahoo] [com] [foo] [bar] [html]

	org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopAnalyzer:
		[http] [www] [yahoo] [com] [foo] [bar] [html]

	org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer:
		[http] [www.yahoo.com] [foo] [bar.html]

	org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballAnalyzer:
		[http] [www.yahoo.com] [foo] [bar.html]

> analyzer you are using, and also do the same on .toString of the query
> you parsed.  Those two pieces of info will tell all.

"url:www.yahoo* url:www.yahoo* url:www.yahoo* url:www.yahoo* url:www.yahoo*
url:www.yahoo*"

Well, I actually use a MultiFieldQueryParser, that's probably why the term
does appear so often. Strange parser, it should be clear that am explicit
"url:xyz" should only look in the url field, shouldn't it?

Timo