lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject Re: Performing exact search with Lucene
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:23:51 GMT
On Friday 02 April 2004 08:12, Phil brunet wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm migrating a part of an application from Oracle intermedia to Lucene
> (1.3) to perform full text searches.

Congratulations! :-)

> I'd like to know if there is a way to perform "exact queries". By "exact
> query", i mean beeing able to match ONLY document that are exactely equals
> to the terms of the query.

I believe plain old PhraseQuery does exactly that? You can build one yourself,
or, using QueryParser, use something like

+"this is an example"

(making sure you use correct analyzer, depending on whether you want 'an' to
be significant token in there).
Note, too, that '+' prefix in there is not absolutely needed, if you don't
have multiple parts to the query; even without that it'd only consider
documents that have that exact phrase.

-+ Tatu +-