lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joe Rayguy <iscjraym...@yahoo.com>
Subject Iterernal Document Numbers
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:58:25 GMT
Hi,

I apologize if this has been answered before, but is
it safe to design an application that sorts hits using
an external array based on each hit's internal
document ID?  It seems simple enough to rebuild the
array after an optimization, but what about merges
that
occur in the course of adding documents?  If I plan on
adding documents every minute or so recreating this
array with each addition doesn't seem feasible.

Is there a recommended way to handle such an array for
sorting results?

Thanks.