lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Ho <sebasti...@bii.a-star.edu.sg>
Subject suitability of lucene for project
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:28:00 GMT
hi all

i am investigating technologies to use for a project which basically
retrieves html pages on a regular basis(or whenever there are changes)
and allow html parsing to extract specific information, and presenting
them as links in a webpage. Note that this is not a general search
engine kind of project but we are extracting clinical information from
various website and consolidating them.

Pls advise me whether Lucene can do the above and in areas where it
cannot, suggestions to solutions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sebastian Ho
Bioinformatics Institute