lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Francesco Bellomi" <fbell...@libero.it>
Subject Locking problems with NFS
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:04:50 GMT
Dear Lucene users,

we are experiencing some difficulties in using Lucene with a NFS filesystem.
Basically, locking seems not to work properly, since it appears that
attempted concurring writing on the index (from different VMs) are not
blocked, and this often causes the index to be corrupted.

I found a reference to this topic in the archives:
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-user@jakarta.apac
he.org&msgId=784959

[Doug Cutting]
> So long as all access is read-only, there should not be a problem.  Keep
> in mind however that lock files are known to not work correctly over NFS.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem? Does anyone have some
suggestions about the implementation of some alternative approach for
locking, in order to make Lucene compatible with NFS?

We are using 1.4rc2.

Thanks in advance,
Francesco

-