lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tate Avery <>
Subject Numeric field data
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:55:25 GMT

Is there a way (direct or indirect) to support a field with numeric data?

More specifically, I would be interested in doing a range search on numeric
data and having something like:

	number:[1 TO 2]

... and not have it return 11 or 103, etc.  But, return 1.5, for example.

Is there any support in current and/or upcoming versions for this type of
Or, has anyone figured out a creative workaround to obtain the desired

Thank you for any comments,

p.s.  Ideally, I would be able to do equal, greater than, less than and
these in combination with each other (i.e. ranges, greater than or equal to,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message