lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tate Avery <tate.av...@nstein.com>
Subject BooleanScorer - 32 required/prohibited clause limit
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:19:51 GMT
Hello,

I am using Lucene 1.3 and I ran into the following exception:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: More than 32 required/prohibited
clauses in query.
	at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanScorer.add(BooleanScorer.java:98)

Is there any easy way to fix/adjust this (like the
BooleanQuery.maxClauseCount, for example)?
Strangely, I couldn't find mention of the BooleanScorer class in my javadoc.

Thank you for any tips.

Tate

p.s.  Yes, I am intentionally generating some rather long boolean queries.
:)