lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Charlie Smith" <>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.4 - lobby for final release
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 06:21:10 GMT
I'll vote yes  please release new version with "too many files open" fixed.
Maybe default the setUserCompoundFile(true) to true on this go around.

Otherwise, how can I get 1.3-RC2?  I can't seem to locate it.
Charlie ;)

>>> 03/26/04 12:47PM >>>
thanks Erik.  Ok this is my official lobby effort for the release of 1.4 to
final status.  Anyone else need/want a 1.4 release?

Does anyone have any information on 1.4 release plans?

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Erik Hatcher []
    Sent: Fri 3/26/2004 1:25 PM
    To: Lucene Users List
    Subject: Re: too many files open error

    On Mar 26, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Chad Small wrote:
    > Is this :) serious?
    This is open-source.   I'm only as serious as it would take for someone
    to push it through.  I don't know what the timeline is, although lots
    of new features are available.
    > Because we have a need/interest in the new field sorting capabilities
    > and QueryParser keyword handling of dashes ("-") that would be in 1.4,
    > I believe.  It's so much easier to explain that we'll use a "final"
    > release of Lucene instead of a "dev build" Lucene.
    Why explain it?!  Just show great results and let that be the
    explanation :)
    > If so, what would an expected release date be?
    *shrug* - feel free to lobby for it.  I don't know what else is planned
    before a release.
    To unsubscribe, e-mail:
    For additional commands, e-mail: