lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Charlie Smith" <Smit...@ldschurch.org>
Subject Re: UNIX command-line indexing script?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:40:46 GMT
So, Linto,

 Did you write this in PERL or JAVA.  Would you be willing to part with copy of
source?

>Linto wrote on 3/16/04

>I  have wrote one that will index PDF,DOC,XLS,XML,HTML,TXT and plain/text
files. I wrote this based on >demo application and using other
>open soure componets POI by Apache (for doc and exel) and PDFBox. I modified
client interface also. Now i>ts looks like google. Still i have to do a couple
of things.
 > 1) At present i'm using UNIX 'file' command to check it is plain text.
  >   This will spwan process and take more time. The advantage this is
in unix based mechines where file >extention is not important.( it         uses
magic numbers. )
>  2) The information such as Index Location, Directory, URL, etc. should
be kept in an xml file. So that it >cam be dynamic.