lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Charlie Smith" <Smit...@ldschurch.org>
Subject Re: too many files open error
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:25:37 GMT
I'm using lucene-1.2.jar as part of the build for this docSearcher application.
Would these recommendations work for this or should I upgrade to lucene 1.3.

In doing so, I'm not sure if a rewrite of the docSearcher will be necessary or
not.

>>>Daniel Naber wrote on 3/26/04:
Try IndexWriter.setUseCompoundFile(true) to limit the number of files.

>>> Erik Hatcher 3/26/2004 2:32:16 AM >>>
If you are using Lucene 1.3, try using the index in "compound" format.
You will have to rebuild (or convert) your index to this format.  The
handy utility Luke will convert an index easily.

	Erik