lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Search in all fields
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:11:34 GMT

You can use the MultiFieldQueryParser, which will generate a query against all of the fields
you specify, or you could index all of your documents into one or two common fields and search
against them.  Since you have a lot of fields, I would guess the latter is the better choice.

>>> rosenm@sirma.bg 03/16/04 07:56AM >>>
In QueryParser.parse method I must give which is the default field.

Does this means ttah non-adressed queris are executed only over
this field?

The main question is:
How I can search in all fields in all documents in the index?
Note that I don't know field names, there can be thousands field
names in all documnets.

10x in advance.