lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Caching and paging search results
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:34:05 GMT
In the RealWorld... many applications actually just re-run a search and
jump to the appropriate page within the hits.... searching is generally
plenty fast enough to alleviate concerns of caching.

However, if you need to cache Hits, you need to be sure to keep around
the originating IndexSearcher as well.

A stateful session bean could be used, but I'd opt for a much simpler
solution as a first pass, such as the first point of just re-running a
search from scratch.

	Erik