lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Storing numbers
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:16:38 GMT
Another quite cool option is to subclass QueryParser, and override
getRangeQuery.  Do the padding there.  This will allow users to type in
normal looking numbers, and the padding happens automatically.  You'll
need to be sure that numbers padded during indexing matches what
getRangeQuery does (oh, say through a common function :).

In fact, this is a great example for LIA.  I'll add it!  And I'll post
the code back here in a day or so after I write it.

	Erik