lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: too many files open error
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:25:32 GMT
On Mar 26, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Chad Small wrote:
> Is this :) serious?

This is open-source.   I'm only as serious as it would take for someone
to push it through.  I don't know what the timeline is, although lots
of new features are available.

> Because we have a need/interest in the new field sorting capabilities
> and QueryParser keyword handling of dashes ("-") that would be in 1.4,
> I believe.  It's so much easier to explain that we'll use a "final"
> release of Lucene instead of a "dev build" Lucene.

Why explain it?!  Just show great results and let that be the
explanation :)

> If so, what would an expected release date be?

*shrug* - feel free to lobby for it.  I don't know what else is planned
before a release.

	Erik