lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: [patch] MultiSearcher should support getSearchables()
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 02:50:40 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> No question that it'd be unwise to do.  We could say the same argument
> for making everything public access as well and say it'd be stupid to
> override this method, but we made it public anyway.  I'd rather opt on
> the side of safety.
>
> Besides, you haven't provided a use case for why you need to get the
> searchers back from a MultiSearcher :)

Just ease of use really... I have our MultiSearcher reload transparently
and this case I can verify that I'm using the right array of searchers
not one that's already been reloaded behind me.

I can add some code to preserve the original searcher array but it's a pain.

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc