lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: RE : Performance of hit highlighting and finding term positions for a specific document
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 02:46:34 GMT
Rasik Pandey wrote:

>Hello,
>

>>I've been meaning to look into good ways to store token offset
>>information to allow for very
>>efficient highlighting and I believe Mark may also be looking
>>into improving the highlighter via
>>other means such as temporary ram indexes. Search the archives
>>to get a background on some of the
>>idea's we've tossed around ('Dmitry's Term Vector stuff, plus
>>some' and 'Demoting results' come to
>>mind as threads that touch this topic).
>>

>I would be nice if CachingRewrittenQueryWrapper.java that I sent to lucene-dev (see below)
last week became part of these highlighting effors, if appropriate. We use it to collect terms
for a query that searches of multiple indices.

Actually I had to write one for my tests with the highlighter. I'm using
a MultiSearcher and a WildcardQuery which the highlighter didn't have
support for.

My impl was fairly basic so I wouldn't suggest a contribution... I'm
sure your's is better.  The suggested changes to the highlighter for
providing tokens would make this work well together.

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc