lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <>
Subject Is RangeQuery more efficient than DateFilter?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:25:51 GMT
I have a 7G index.  A query for a random term comes back fast (300ms)
when I'm not using a DateFilter but when I add the DateFilter it takes
2.6 seconds.  Way too long.  I assume this is because the filter API
does a post process so it has to read fields off disk.

Is it possible to do to this with a RangeQuery.  For example you could
create a "days since January 1, 1970" fields and do a range query from
between 5 and 10... and then add the original field as well.

I have to make some app changes so I figured I would ask here before
moving forward.

Please reply using PGP.
    NewsMonster -
       AIM/YIM - sfburtonator,  Web -
  IRC - #infoanarchy | #p2p-hackers | #newsmonster

View raw message