lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.4 - lobby for final release
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 00:01:16 GMT
Chad Small wrote:

>thanks Erik.  Ok this is my official lobby effort for the release of 1.4 to final status.
 Anyone else need/want a 1.4 release?

>Does anyone have any information on 1.4 release plans?

Just an FYI... I've noticed a fatal bug that was introduced in 1.3rc2 ->
final.  I've had to use 1.3rc2 in our application.  The problem is that
during an index merge Lucene will get stuck in an infinte loop and never
terminate.

I haven't had much time to debug it but I just reverted back and we were
fine.

I'll yield to whatever decision you guys make as I don't have a patch or
a better diagnosis of the problem.

Thanks!

--

Please reply using PGP.