lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: DocumentWriter, StopFilter should use HashMap... (patch)
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:22:25 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I will refactor again using Set with no copying this time (except for
> the String[] and Hashtable) constructors.  This was my original
> preference, but I got caught up in the arguments by Kevin and lost my
> ideals temporarily :)
>
> I expect to do this later tonight or tomorrow.

How about this as a compromise...

No copy on constructor... use a Set but in the documentation summarize
this conversation and point out that the user should use a HashSet and
NOT any other type of set and that it will result in a copy..

I think Doug's comment about a potentially faster impl in the future was
a good point...

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.