lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Stone <cityli...@petmystone.com>
Subject Re: Storing numbers
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:51:02 GMT
Michael Giles wrote:

> Tim,
>
> Looks like you can only access it with a subscription.  :(  Sounds good,
> though.
>
> -Mike

Really? I don't have a subscription. Got to it via the archives actually
now that I think about it:

Try Volume 7, Issue 12.

Sorry about that bad URL. But Sys-Con must set a cookie (yep) following
the sub splash. Try the link again. I just deleted my cookie, got a
sub-splash and then tried the archive again and it worked.

Odd, but it works. Get it before sys-con is on to us. :)

Tim

> At 02:39 PM 3/9/2004, you wrote:
>
>> lucene@nitwit.de wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>> I want to store numbers (id) in my index:
>>>         long id = 1069421083284;
>>>         doc.add(Field.UnStored("in", String.valueOf(id)));
>>> But searching for "id:1069421083284" doesn't return any hits.
>>> Well, did I misunderstand something? UnStored is the number is stored
>>> but not index (analyzed), isn't it? Anyway, Field.Text doesn't work
>>> either.
>>> TIA