lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Stone <cityli...@petmystone.com>
Subject Re: Storing numbers
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:39:32 GMT
lucene@nitwit.de wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to store numbers (id) in my index:
>
> 	long id = 1069421083284;
> 	doc.add(Field.UnStored("in", String.valueOf(id)));
>
> But searching for "id:1069421083284" doesn't return any hits.
>
> Well, did I misunderstand something? UnStored is the number is stored but not
> index (analyzed), isn't it? Anyway, Field.Text doesn't work either.
>
> TIA
> Timo

Craig Walls wrote an excellent article in JDJ at the end of 2002
regarding Lucene (not shown in any of the resources BTW). He documents
using Lucene along side a database as well as provides two classes (and
others unrelated) that extend the functionality of the StopAnalyzer to
include numbers and or alpha numerics.

Check out the article at:
http://www.sys-con.com/story/print.cfm?storyid=37296

HTH,