lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Stone <>
Subject Re: Storing numbers
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:39:32 GMT wrote:

> Hi!
> I want to store numbers (id) in my index:
> 	long id = 1069421083284;
> 	doc.add(Field.UnStored("in", String.valueOf(id)));
> But searching for "id:1069421083284" doesn't return any hits.
> Well, did I misunderstand something? UnStored is the number is stored but not
> index (analyzed), isn't it? Anyway, Field.Text doesn't work either.
> Timo

Craig Walls wrote an excellent article in JDJ at the end of 2002
regarding Lucene (not shown in any of the resources BTW). He documents
using Lucene along side a database as well as provides two classes (and
others unrelated) that extend the functionality of the StopAnalyzer to
include numbers and or alpha numerics.

Check out the article at:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: