lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: DocumentWriter, StopFilter should use HashMap... (patch)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:15:26 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I don't see any reason for this to be a Hashtable.
>
> It seems an acceptable alternative to not share analyzer/filter
> instances across threads - they don't really take up much space, so
> is  there a reason to share them?  Or I'm guessing you're sharing it
> implicitly through an IndexWriter, huh?
>
> I'll away further feedback before committing this change, but seems
> reasonable to me.

Yeah... I'm using a RAMDirectory and adding documents to it across
multiple threads... some of them index at the same time.

The patch is super small... the only difference is that it's using a
HashMap which isn't synchronized... it can't hurt anything...

but feedback is a good thing :)

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP: