lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chad Small" <Chad.Sm...@definityhealth.com>
Subject Lucene 1.4 - lobby for final release
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:47:12 GMT
thanks Erik.  Ok this is my official lobby effort for the release of 1.4 to final status.
Anyone else need/want a 1.4 release?

Does anyone have any information on 1.4 release plans?

thanks,
chad.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
	Sent: Fri 3/26/2004 1:25 PM
	To: Lucene Users List
	Subject: Re: too many files open error

	On Mar 26, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Chad Small wrote:
	> Is this :) serious?

	This is open-source.   I'm only as serious as it would take for someone
	to push it through.  I don't know what the timeline is, although lots
	of new features are available.

	> Because we have a need/interest in the new field sorting capabilities
	> and QueryParser keyword handling of dashes ("-") that would be in 1.4,
	> I believe.  It's so much easier to explain that we'll use a "final"
	> release of Lucene instead of a "dev build" Lucene.

	Why explain it?!  Just show great results and let that be the
	explanation :)

	> If so, what would an expected release date be?

	*shrug* - feel free to lobby for it.  I don't know what else is planned
	before a release.

	        Erik