lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chad Small" <Chad.Sm...@definityhealth.com>
Subject RE: Query syntax on Keyword field question
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:58:36 GMT
I have since learned that using the TermQuery instead of the MultiFieldQueryParser works for
the keyword field in question below (HW-NCI_TOPICS).

apiQuery = new BooleanQuery();
apiQuery.add(new TermQuery(new Term("category", "HW-NCI_TOPICS")), true, false);

This finds a match.

I found a message that talked about having to use the the Query API when searching Keyword
fields in the index.  Is this true?

Is there not a way to get the MultiFieldQueryParser to find a match on this keyword?

thanks,
chad.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Chad Small
	Sent: Tue 3/23/2004 10:57 AM
	To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Subject: Query syntax on Keyword field question

	Hello,

	How can I format a query to get a hit?

	I'm using the StandardAnalyzer() at both index and search time.

	If I'm indexing a field like this:

	luceneDocument.add(Field.Keyword("category","HW-NCI_TOPICS"));

	I've tried the following with no success:

	//      String searchArgs = "HW\\-NCI_TOPICS";
	//      String searchArgs = "HW\\-NCI_TOPICS".toLowerCase();
	//      String searchArgs = "+HW+NCI+TOPICS";
	      //this works with .Text field