lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Linto Joseph Mathew" <lint...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: UNIX command-line indexing script?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:42:12 GMT

I  have wrote one that will index PDF,DOC,XLS,XML,HTML,TXT and plain/text files. I wrote this
based on demo application and using other
open soure componets POI by Apache (for doc and exel) and PDFBox. I modified client interface
also. Now its looks like google. Still i have to do a couple of things.
  1) At present i'm using UNIX 'file' command to check it is plain text.
     This will spwan process and take more time. The advantage this is        in unix based
mechines where file extention is not important.( it         uses magic numbers. )
  2) The information such as Index Location, Directory, URL, etc. should      be kept in an
xml file. So that it cam be dynamic.
  3) Categeory

Since apache guys provided good frame work every thing made easy. Thanks guys!

Linto