lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gabe <gj...@yahoo.com>
Subject java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:23:11 GMT

I am using Lucene 1.3 final and am having an error
that I can't seem to shake. Basically, I am updating a
Document in the index incrementally by calling an
IndexReader to remove the document. This works. Then,
I close the IndexReader with the following code:

reader.unlock(reader.directory());
reader.close();

I put the first of the two lines in to try to force
the lock to disable. According to the logging, this
code is being called and the IndexReader is being
closed.

However, then I open a writer to add the document, I
get the following.

java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:97)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:173)
        at

I open the writer by calling:
return new IndexWriter(INDEX_DIR, analyzer, false);

where analyzer=new StandardAnalyzer();

I get the reader by calling:
IndexReader reader=IndexReader.open(INDEX_DIR);

Thanks for any help,
Gabe