lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tomcat Programmer <tcprogram...@yahoo.com>
Subject incomplete word match
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 05:15:10 GMT
I have a situation where I need to be able to find
incomplete word matches, for example a search for the
string 'ape' would return matches for 'grapes'
'naples' 'staples' etc.  I have been searching the
archives of this user list and can't seem to find any
example of someone doing this.

At one point I recall finding someone's site (on
Google) who indicated that their search engine was
Lucene, and they offered the capability of doing this
type of matching. However I can't seem to find that
site again to save my life!

Has anyone been successful in implementing this type
of matching with Lucene? If so, would you be able to
share some insight as to how you did it?

Thanks in advance!

-TP