lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Large document collections?
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:04:53 GMT
I think even a 100K or 1MM doc collection will give you an idea about
the retrieval time/storage requirements (which, of course, are highly
dependent on what you index and how you index it).  I know several
people have created collections with up to 50MM docs on a single
machine (not sure about number of CPUs, etc.)

Otis